Kewaunee House – circa early 1900’s. That’s Ella Svacina behind the stove.
Kewaunee House – 1897. Frank Svancina, the father of Ella, would have been running the tavern when this picture was taken.
This image cannot be copied or reproduced without the written permission of the Manitowoc Public Library.
Svacina Tavern – circa 1930’s.
Commercial St. – 1950. Looking east down the street, the white building (with the 5 side windows) on the left would have been Ella Svacina’s. At the other end of the block you can see Ray Boehm’s bar, which was callled the Virginia Tavern at that time.
Ella Svacina’s – 1980’s. The fire department did a controlled burn of this building and the one adjacent to it (east). Photo used by permission of Herald Times Reporter/Gannett.com
724 Commercial St.
Dempsey’s Saloon – Circa 1910. Scene looking south at the corner of N. 8th St. and Commerial St. This image cannot be copied or reproduced without the written permission of the Manitowoc Public Library.