Recent Additions

Charlie Tadych holds his son, Chuck, outside his tavern at 714 Buffalo St. in 1947.

If you’re visiting the site and want to check out what’s new – just click on any name in the list to be taken to that page.

Updated 214 N. Rapids Rd. timeline – 9/4/17.

Stark’s Stumble Inn – 1965 – 10/21/17

Tadych’s Bar – 1947-48. 11/25/17.

Schack’s Tavern – 1950s. 11/27/17.

Herald Times Article from 11/5/17.  12/3/17.

Kingsbury Brew – 1920s.  12/3/17.

10th St. Pub – July 2017.  12/3/17

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

816 Jay St.

Stark’s Stumble Inn – circa 1940’s. Louis Stark-left, unidentified-middle, Del Brault-right. Photo courtesy of Gwen Brault.

Stark’s Stumble Inn – circa 1940’s – bar token, front.

Stark’s Stumble Inn – circa 1940’s – bar token, back.

Stark’s Stumble Inn – 1940’s. Detail of aerial photo showing Stark’s location. The large building on the far left is the police station which was located on corner of S. 9th and Jay St. Next to the police station was a photo studio, with Stark’s to the right of it. All of those buildings have been torn down.

Stark’s Stumble Inn – circa early 1950’s. Matchbook-front.

Stark’s Stumble Inn – matchbook-back.

Stark’s Stumble Inn – 1965. Photo credit: Manitowoc Herald Times/Marge Miley. Contributed by Donna Wipperman.