Courthouse Panoramic View – 1909. This view is looking west down Washington St. The rooftops at the bottom right of the photo are 713,717,719 & 723 Washington St. The building just west of the courthouse is 819 Washington St. Image from a old H.C. Benke postcard.
Eddie’s Bar – Sept. 2, 1948. The bar is the white building in the background with the man standing on the steps (the building has been torn down). This picture was taken by the city engineer’s office during the Washington St. widening project.